Monday, December 19, 2011

New Release - Embrace by Cherie Colyer


We have another new release!

Cherie Colyer’s new Young Adult novel Embrace will be available from Omnific on December 20.


Madison is familiar enough with change, and she hates everything about it. Change took her long-term boyfriend away from her. It caused one of her friends to suddenly hate her. It’s responsible for the death of a local along with a host of other mysterious happenings. But when Madison meets a hot new guy, she thinks her luck is about to improve.
Madison is instantly drawn to the handsome and intriguing Isaac Addington. She quickly realizes he’s a guy harboring a secret, but she’s willing to risk the unknown to be with him.

Her world really spins out of control, however, when her best friend becomes delusional, seeing things that aren’t there and desperately trying to escape their evil. When the doctors can’t find the answers, Madison seeks her own.

Nothing can prepare her for what she is about to discover.

Dangerous, intoxicating, and darkly romantic, Embrace is a thriller that will leave you spellbound.

Cherie was kind enough to answer a few questions for us and share a favorite excerpt…


Omnific: Embrace is Young Adult. What drew you to this genre? Do you read a lot of YA yourself?

Cherie Colyer: I’ve always been drawn to young adult. I think it’s partially because I never fully grew up myself. But it’s also because young adult novels are fast paced. Unlike adults who might read through pages of back story or a lull in the action, teens want to be kept in the moment or they will put the book down and so will I.

Omnific: Can you tell us a little about your writing process? Where and when do you get your writing done?
Cherie Colyer: Most of my stories start with a scene that keeps replaying itself in my head for weeks, sometimes months. I start to ask myself who is this person and what is he or she doing. With each set of answers comes more questions, until I finally sit down and start writing. 
I don’t have a set schedule, but I do write every day. My favorite place to write is on the couch in the family room.

Omnific: Since Omnific is all about the romance...what is your favorite romance scene in a book?


Cherie Colyer: This question was hard, because I’m a sucker for romance. Also, I wanted to pick a scene that wouldn’t give away any spoilers.

“Madison,” he tickled my waist, making me squeal. “It’s not a hard request.”
“Okay, okay.” I giggled and squirmed, trying to grab his hands so that he’d stop. “I know I can talk to you.”
“Good.”
We were both laughing by the time he relented. 
My hands rested on his broad chest. My fingers traced their way up to his shoulders then over the muscles in his arms. He wet his lips; I wondered if he realized he’d done it. His hands held my hips, as if frozen there. When I leaned in, he cupped my cheeks.
Isaac’s kisses tasted sweet like chocolate-covered cherries and, just like the candy, never lasted long enough. I scooted closer, if that was even possible, and wrapped my fingers through his hair, pulling his mouth back to mine.

Omnific: Now, if they made that into a movie who would you want cast opposite you?

Cherie Colyer: Ian Somerholder.

Just in case you don’t know who he is, here’s one of my favorite pics of him

Omnific: And finally, are you working on anything new?? Sequel?

Cherie Colyer: Yes, I have two novels I just completed this fall. One is a middle grade ghost story and the other is a young adult paranormal about a brother and sister who must outsmart supernatural beings if they hope to remain human and if they are to avoid being pawns in a coming war.

And I’ll let the cat out of the bag. I was missing Madison and her friends so I’ve started to work on a sequel to Embrace.

Cherie also did the hard job of giving us one of her favorite scenes from the book – I know how hard that is to do, so thank you Cherie!

Third period afterward was torturously long because I was dying to get to History. I needed to talk to Kaylee. I needed her to tell me I was letting my imagination get the better of me, that Paige wasn’t waiting for me to be comfortable in my relationship with Isaac just to steal him away. I needed to hear that Isaac wasn’t a jerk. She might even know how Isaac felt about me—that is, if he’d said something to Josh, who in turn would have told Kaylee. God, this was turning into middle school again.         
               I marched into History glad to see Kaylee.
            “Has Josh said anything about Isaac?” I plopped down in the hard plastic chair and dug in my backpack until I found my History book and pen. “Kaylee?”
            Kaylee sat perfectly still, her back straight, hands on her book, and eyes on the chalkboard.
            I rested my hand on hers. “Kaylee? Are you okay?”
            Mechanically, she turned to face me.
            She was really scaring me. I inched my desk closer to hers and asked, “What is it?”
            She shook her head. “Nothing. I’m fine. What did you say?”
But I only saw a ghost of the friend I knew behind those deep brown eyes. “Nothing. You sure you’re okay?”
“Yeah.”
Mrs. Parris told everyone to listen up, then droned on about the Civil War. Until Kaylee’s blood-curdling scream startled half the class, including me.

Thank you so much Cherie for playing with us and sharing some of you new book.

I know Cherie would love to hear from her readers, so if you haven’t found her out on the web yet, here are all the places she can be contacted!

Blog:
http://cheriecolyer.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox.html
Twitter: @CherieColyer




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me on your blog. It's been an exciting year and I'm thrilled to be able to share Embrace with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Cherie. I'm looking forward to reading Embrace over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete