Monday, September 24, 2012

Divinity Release

Can you believe that we have ANOTHER release here at Omnific this month? And it’s from one of our wonderful authors that you all already love! Patricia Leever’s, Divinity, will be released tomorrow and this is one you DEFINITELY don’t want to miss out on!




Demons.

They’re everywhere, hiding in plain sight. Chances are, you’ve interacted with one or two of them in your lifetime without even realizing it...


Demon hunter Evelyn Brighton saves unsuspecting humans from the malevolent creatures masquerading around them every day. Working under the Lebriga Corporation’s direction, she never fails to bring her A-game with her keen skill, fiercely independent spirit, and the best weapon in her arsenal: the Divinity blade.


Evelyn’s world is turned on its ear, however, when she is ordered to train cocky new recruit Daniel Summers. They both feel an instinctive pull drawing them to one another, the ancient spells tattooed into their skin illuminating whenever the two hunters come into contact. But with evil looming over the city of Los Angeles, Evelyn and Daniel’s mutual competitiveness and sense of duty to Lebriga and all mankind forces them to hold back their desires. Will their restraint be enough to keep them focused and save southern California, or will the dark forces prevail?


Set in modern-day Los Angeles, Divinity is an action-filled, fast-paced marriage of urban fantasy and paranormal romance. Edgy, witty, and sexy, it will bind you in its spell.


And because I have an “in” with Patricia, I convinced her to answer my questions for me…of course it didn’t take much convincing because she loves sharing with her readers!

Omnific: Was writing your second novel a different experience from your first? Was it a little easier knowing what to expect from the process?

Patricia: This book flowed out of me a lot easier than the first one, probably because this genre is my comfort zone. As far as the publishing part it was way easier because I knew what to expect. So I guess what I’m saying is, yes, it was easier this time around LOL!

Omnific: So pirates and demons kind of different ends of the spectrum? Which did you find easier to write?

Patricia: Yes I am a bit of a genre jumper. I did find this one easier to write in that it is set in modern day Los Angeles and I live just outside of LA. My husband actually works in LA on a regular basis and would “scout” out sites for me to use in the book, sending pictures and such, he’s pretty freaking awesome.

Omnific: Both of your main characters are strong, badass women, is that easier to write for you than the “damsel in distress”?

Patricia: Extremely! The “damsel in distress” type drives me bonkers. As a kid, I always looked up to heroines such as Wonder Woman, Ripley from Aliens, The Bionic Woman and the like. Those were woman that took control of a situation and didn’t need a man to step in and save the day for them, THEY saved the day. I have always been a believer that a woman can do anything a man can do, except pee standing up. And really, we can even do that if need be, it’s just messy.

Omnific: Since Omnific is all about the romance...what is your favorite romance scene in a book?
Patricia: Oh, I think it would have to be when they are down in the range and kiss for the first time.
Omnific: Now, if they made that into a movie who would you want cast opposite you?


Patricia: My husband, naturally! Now, if he just HAPPENED to be unavailable for some unforeseen reason, say someone tied him up and shoved him in the closet under the stairs or something like that. If that were the case then I guess I could throw myself under the proverbial bus and cast Chris Evans in the role. It would be difficult, but I think I could force myself.

(I threw in the shirtless one because...well, yeah, why wouldn't I?)

Omnific: Okay, I am lucky enough to be your acquisitions editor and can’t wait to find out more about Evelyn and Daniel. Are there any hints that you can give about what’s coming?

Patricia: Well, I can tell you that I have the outline for the second book roughed out and hoping to start getting down to business on the actual writing of that very soon! I’m also working on a little short, a prequel of sorts, that I hope to have up and running very very soon!

The trailer for Divinity is amazing. If you haven’t seen this yet, have a look!



Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to us Patty! I know that everyone will love Divinity…I certainly did.

And don’t forget to check out Patricia Leever’s Cat O’Nine Tails. Right now you can get it for just $2.99 for your ereader!

If you want to know more about Patricia Leever, or her work you can find her here:


2 comments:

  1. Dude, the shirtless pic is ALWAYS a win! Seriously, the man should be forbidden to wear a shirt, like ever! Thanks to the most awesome publishing house IN THE WORLD!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Patty! Badass women + Chris Evans? Sounds like WIN to me.

    ReplyDelete