Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Release - Cat O'Nine Tails


We have another new release to talk about! Patricia Leever’s debut novel, Cat O’Nine Tails, will be available from Omnific Publishing on August 31, 2011!

When pirate hunter Orrin and his brother Kale are hired by Queen Winifred to hunt down Aeron and her band of miscreants, Orrin never dreamed he’d fall in love with the beautiful she-pirate nor the kind, accepting people of her island hideaway. As Orrin learns of Aeron’s jaded past with the Queen, he allies himself with the pirate captain and her crew. Joining forces on the high seas to bring Winifred’s evil reign to an end, Aeron and Orrin soon discover that the strongest weapon in their combined arsenal is the love they have for each other.  
We were able to talk to Patricia and ask her some of my favorite questions.

Omnific:      Cat O’Nine Tails is about pirates - which just as a side note…yum! – what drew you to this for your first novel?

Patricia:       Let’s see, well, I think you said it pretty well, YUM! Seriously though, I have always been enamored with pirates and wanted to give it my own little spin. Not to mention, Aeron would not get out of my head so I had to give her life somehow.

Omnific:      If you could live at this time, would you have been on the pirate side or on the hunter side? (And if you pick pirate, would you have been the stay on the island and make a home kind or would you have been more like Aeron and out on the ship commanding the men?)

Patricia:       Pirate side, definitely and I think I probably would have been the stay on the island and make a home.

Omnific:      What is your writing process like? Do you write when it hits you or do you make time to write?

Patricia:       A little of both I think, I try to make time when the kids are at school to write but I also jot down ideas and whatnot as they hit, I have to. If I don’t write it down in the moment it will get lost in the chaos that is my brain.

Omnific:      Now, we are all about romance here at Omnific, so what is your favorite romantic scene from a book?

Patricia:       Oh holy crap, just one?  I’d have to say it is from Paula Quinn’s Seduced by a Highlander. I don’t know what it is about those Highland men in their kilts, but Lord have mercy, give me a giant dude in a kilt and I will be dissolved into a puddle of goo. There is one scene in Seduced that I must have read (and by read I mean listened to because I’m a habitual audiobooker) a million times over. This particular scene takes place in one of the upper rooms of a tavern, when the two main characters are finally giving into temptation and this guy, Tristan MacGregor, is quite the smooth talker, telling Isobel Ferguson just what scandalous things he’d like to do to her. *swoon*
 
Omnific:      If they made your book into a movie, who would play the hero?

Patricia:       Oh, I’ve totally cast my little imaginary movie already LOL! If I could cast Cat O’ Nine Tails, Rachelle Lefevre would have to play Aeron, no doubt about it. And for Orrin, I would have to cast male model Ben Hill. Now, can he act? I haven’t the foggiest clue but he is super duper pretty but if he’s busy, I think Bradley Cooper would slide into the role quite nicely.

Omnific:      Are you working on anything new that you want to share with us? I personally would love a prequel to Cat O’Nine Tails, dealing with Aeron’s life in more detail before she became a pirate…but no pressure!

Patricia:       LOL! Well, I am working on a second book, tentatively called Iron Maiden. This one is taking up a few years after Cat O’ Nine Tails ends, picking up William’s story. I’m also working on another piece in a different genre, because I’m a genre jumper. This one is urban fantasy/paranormal romance staring a kick ass, 134 year old demon hunter, Evelyn Write!

Patricia also picked a great excerpt for us to share with you.  Three words: HOT PIRATE HUNTER!

          Aeron heard someone dive into the lagoon behind her as she emerged from underneath the rushing water of the fall. She quickly submerged herself up to her shoulders and scanned the waters around her for the miscreant invading her bath. Her heart stopped when she saw Orrin’s hard, wet body crest the water, breaking the surface like a magnificent dolphin. “What are you doing in here?” she called across the water. An odd sense of modesty got the better of her, and she crossed her arms in front of herself.

“I believe I owe you a bath,” Orrin said, smiling as he slowly swam toward her, the rich baritone of his voice resonating off the water and into her body.

Aeron started to back up toward the rocks behind her as he moved closer and looked for a means of escape. “Where are your trousers?” she asked nervously as her back hit the rock behind her. She had nowhere else to go, and he was headed right for her.

“Over there, with your night dress,” he said, glancing over to the large pile of clothing lying on the rocks along the shore.

Before Aeron could even think of what she could do, Orrin was there, rising to his full height right in front of her, crystal beads of water glistening off his chest.

Aeron had been with many men in her day. Seduced them and taken them to her bed without a second thought. But now she was the one being seduced, and the idea thrilled her, making her heart race like never before. It also frightened the hell out of her, especially with a man she couldn’t resist such as this one.
         
          Orrin leaned forward and stared down into her eyes as he picked up the soap from the rock. “Turn around,” he said in a husky voice, twirling his finger in the air as she’d done to him the day before.

Thank you so much for sharing with us today, Patricia. I loved this story and I know that readers will as well. Congratulations!

And if you want to find Patricia, check her out here:
On Twitter - @Patricia_Leever


No comments:

Post a Comment