Monday, November 5, 2012

New Release - Once Upon a Second Chance

Yay! We have another new release to share with you. Marian Vere's debut novel, Once Upon a Second Chance will be available on Tuesday Nov. 6th and you won't want to miss this one!! So excited about it, and I know you all will love it!

Julia's life seemed to be falling perfectly into place. She had burgeoning job prospects in the finance industry, an exciting life in New York City, and a wonderful fiancé, Nick Kerkley, who she was totally in love with. Nick however, while being completely devoted to Julia, did not have the career potential or financial stability to be worthy of someone like her -- or at least that's what she came to convince herself. Hesitantly, Julia ended the relationship, forcing herself to believe it would all be for the best. Little did she know, that one decision would lead both their lives to spiral away from each other, only to converge again.

What happens to your fairytale when you let someone else wave the magic wand? Will your dreams of love and enchantment still come true, or will your 'happily ever after' pass by without you?

Once Upon a Second Chance is a contemporary retelling of Jane Austen's Persuasion.


As always...I begged and cajoled and talked Marian Vere into answering some of my questions.


Omnific: Once Upon a Second Chance is your debut novel, tell us about what inspired you to write and write this book in general.

Marian: My love for the novel Persuasion by Jane Austen. Sadly, Persuasion, (and any other novel by Jane Austen that isn’t Pride and Prejudice, for that matter) seems to take a backseat these days, and Persuasion is such a wonderful story—and in my opinion, far more romantic than Pride and Prejudice—and I wanted to try and put it in the limelight. I just know that if more people actually knew the story, that they would love it.

I also loved the idea of a story where the heroine isn’t the victim. In real life, people make mistakes and very often screw up their own lives, but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t still the hero of their own story and that they don’t deserve a chance at a happy ending.


Omnific: Can you share a little of your writing process with us? Are you a plotter or do you write as a scene hits?

Marian: Depends on the book. I always plot, but I don’t always know everything before I start writing. I’ll figure out the general plot and bigger events, but the rest usually fall into place while I’m writing.


Omnific: With the holidays approaching, what is on the top of your list for Santa to leave under the tree?

Marian: I don’t have anything specific, though the battery in my laptop is about to die, so I guess I could do with a replacement. Not very exciting, I know, but hey, it’s better than socks. J

Omnific: Since Omnific is all about the romance...what is your favorite romance scene in a book?

Marian: I’m gonna have to go old school with this one and say Jane Eyre. All the scenes are wonderful, but if I had to choose one I’d go with the water scene at the end. Maybe not what you were expecting, and no it isn’t at all ‘hot’, but I tend to find romantic scenes that don’t rely on the physical to be for more effective.


Omnific: Now, if they made that into a movie who would you want cast? (Or if they have already made a movie, would you recast it?)


Marian: Oh, they have made Jane Eyre movies galore, and while some are all right, I can’t really pick a favorite, nor would I try to do it better. Scenes from books are never as good on screen as they are in your head, and I’d rather not chance ruining a good image. If you asked me they should do less book to movie, and more movie to book. J



Omnific: And the dreaded question after months of editing…do you have anything that you are working on next?

Marian: Oh, sure. In addition to women’s fiction, I also write YA, and I have the first book in a YA series coming out in March, there will be three more books in that series that as of yet need to be written, I am currently finishing second, super-secret YA project, and have plans for another women’s fiction. So, no worries, I’m plenty busy.


Check out the trailer for Once Upon a Second Chance! It's amazing!





A big thank you to Marian Vere for taking the time to talk to us and share her wonderful work with us. Congratulations and have a great day on release day!

If you want to find Marian and ask her a few questions of your own, here's where to find her:

No comments:

Post a Comment