Monday, November 26, 2012

New Release! Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

We have another anxiously awaited release here at Omnific! Anyone who has read Alice Clayton's Redhead Series knows how fun her writing is...well get ready for Wallbanger!! I dare anyone not to fall in love with Simon. I don't think it's possible!

Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and--was that a meow?--punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick...

In her third novel, Alice Clayton returns to dish her trademark mix of silly and steamy. Banter, barbs, and strutting pussycats, plus the sexiest apple pie ever made, are dunked in a hot tub and set against the gorgeous San Francisco skyline in this hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight.

Of course I bugged Alice Clayton until she agreed to answer my questions...

Omnific: This is a book that I’m sure many of your readers have been waiting for for a long time. Can you give us a little background about what inspired this story?

Alice: That’s a funny story, the entire book was inspired by a Petsmart. I was shopping in my local Ulta one afternoon, and there was all this pounding coming from the other side of the wall. I asked what was going on, and the girl behind the counter said “Oh yeah, that’s Petsmart next door, they’re putting in a new pet hotel so we get to listen to them banging all day”. I laughed, and then 2 minutes later I thought, now that’s interesting. What else could be going on next door that would cause banging…another 2 minutes later I called my friend Nina and said “I’ve got my next story, let me tell you about a guy named Wallbanger…”


Omnific: Wallbanger is your third book to be published. Has the editing process gotten any easier or are you harder on yourself knowing what the process is like?

Alice: It’s both! When I first started writing I wrote really fast, I think partly because I knew very few people would be reading it. I never really planned on anyone reading, so I could just entertain myself. Now I know someone will be reading, at least I hope, so I agonize a little more each time. Luckily I LOVE my editor and we work so well together, she knows when I need a push and when I am gonna push right back.

Omnific: Can you share a little of your writing process with us? Are you a plotter or do you write as a scene hits?

Alice: It is always loosely plotted in my head, but I never actually know how they’re going to get there until I start writing.


Omnific: With the holidays approaching, what is on the top of your list for Santa to leave under the tree?
Alice: MAC BOOK PRO.


Omnific: Since Omnific is all about the romance...what is your favorite romance scene in a book?
Alice: I love 2 scenes, always. The first time they meet, and the first time they both realize there is something going on. Or about to go on. Or about to go down. Ahem.
 
Omnific: Now, if they made that into a movie who would you want cast?

Alice: I 100% know who I would cast. But I can’t tell you yet, I want to wait until everyone has a chance to read and get their own Wallbanger in their head. Then I will share mine!


Omnific: And the dreaded question after months of editing…do you have anything else that you are working on next?

Alice: I am putting the finishing touches on Book 3 in The Redhead Series, look for it Spring 2013. And I have 2 other new projects outlined, I can’t wait to start.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us Alice and congratulations on your release!!

Don't forget, if you haven't read The Unidentified Redhead or Redhead Revealed, you can get the ebooks for 2.99 each! You will want to get a hold of them once you've fallen in love with Alice Clayton...trust me!

If you need more Alice, here's where to find her:


No comments:

Post a Comment